Effective Date: 2/4/2015
Ganz, an Ontario partnership, is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information entrusted to us.
What Is Personal Information?
When you provide us with your information, you acknowledge that the information will be stored and processed on servers located in Canada.
Personal and Other Information Collected by Ganz
We reserve the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law.
Why Does Ganz Collect Personal Information?
Ganz may collect personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested, including processing your payment;
- To better understand you, to allow us to serve you better through enhanced products, customer service and directed Ganz promotional efforts of particular interest;
- To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions or concerns you may have about our products or services; and
- To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
If you opt in to receive offers, promotions or other information from Ganz, your information will be used to provide you with promotional offers for Ganz products that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our products and services. If you have opted in to receive these offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date.
What Kind of Personal Information Does Ganz Disclose, to Whom and Why?
Ganz may share your personal information with other members of the Ganz corporate group, and their respective successors and assigns, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes identified under the heading "Why Does Ganz Collect Personal Information?". In addition to this inter-corporate sharing, Ganz may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, Ganz may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, collection of overdue accounts. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
- To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the company's rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
- To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving Ganz or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to Ganz's customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, Ganz would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to Ganz's successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
How Long Does Ganz Retain Personal Information?
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
What Security Measures Does Ganz Have in Place To Safeguard Personal Information?
Ganz has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords, firewalls and Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
Where is my Personal Information Located?
Links to Third Party Sites
Users may, through hypertext or other computer "links," gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by Ganz. Ganz is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Ganz of the website linked to. GANZ ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITES OPERATED BY GANZ AND ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON A GANZ OPERATED WEBSITE. Unless otherwise indicated at a Ganz operated website, Ganz is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked websites, and trademarks used in connection with linked websites are not trademarks of Ganz. Ganz specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by anyone under the Age of Majority (as defined in the applicable Website user agreement) of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
How To Control How Your Personal Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to Ganz Customer Service Department, as described below.
You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email.
A request for a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which Ganz can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
Questions, Comments or Accessing or Updating Your Personal Information:
Please note that certain information is required by Ganz to process payment and fulfill any orders that you may place through a Website, and if you withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information for these purposes, then Ganz will not be able to fulfill your orders.
If, after contacting our Customer Service Representative, your concerns or questions have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact Ganz Legal Department in writing via mail or fax:
Attention: Legal Department
One Pearce Road, Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada L4L 3T2
Fax Number: 905-851-7427
Last modified on 2/4/2015